Monday 20 January 2020

Daring Greatly & The pressures of social media

Hello my lovelies! I hope January is treating you as well as possible even though its the worlds longest month and also gloomy and cold! 

Personally I quite like January because I am a total introvert and I enjoy hiding away at home and being creative. Its also the perfect excuse to get reading.



This month I have been reading daring greatly by Brene Brown. She really is a wonderful human being and she has such a deep effect when you read her words. I have been thinking about being authentic and creating meaningful connection with my business social media accounts and its something that, as an introvert, definitely doesn't come easy. I love to write but when I am commenting/posting and sharing on social media I get those awful fraud feelings.




I have made a decision to make my comments and captions from the heart. I won't force anything. I will live more whole hearted by sharing and commenting only when I really feel it necessary and when my reaction is genuine. Its already having a massive impact on me mentally, I feel much lighter and more honest. 

I want to create real friendships and relationships on social media. I want to send my own positive force out into the world and help to make people happy. 



I am also reading the comparison cure by Lucy Sheridan. Both books were recommended by my wonderful friend Nina who you can find here - Writewells This book is also already teaching me so much. I took an enneagram test and discovered that I am a type 5. I am in some crazy intimidating company, let me tell you! 



So I am deep in my own head this month. I am working hard to bring all of my personality to my business and not being afraid to show my feelings within this. Brene is teaching me the importance of vulnerability. Where before I thought I had to masquerade as a whole company, now I am happy to say its just me behind this. 

Have you been reading anything life changing? Please gimme all your recommendations folks! 

As usual all my work is available on etsy here

No comments:

Post a Comment