Sunday 5 January 2020

welcome to 2020!



Happy new decade you lovely folks! I hope you all had a splendid holiday season and are raring to go into 2020 like the boss bitches I know you are. 

With the new year comes the usual contemplation and it seems to hold extra weight because its the end of one decade and the beginning of another. 

It is sheer insanity to me that the millenium with all of its misplaced fear was 20 years ago! I feel god damn old, haha! 

But I am doing my usual thing and making myself some lists to accomplish in the coming year. I don't really do traditional resolutions. I prefer a nice list of achievable goals that are fun to tick off. 

I have decided to do the 100 album challenge to force myself to listen to more full albums instead of lazily clicking shuffle on a pre made playlist. I have ticked off 3 albums so far today. 

David Bowie - Heroes - I love Bowie but I am guilty of just shuffling his best of's

The Beatles - Abbey Road - 2019 was the year I finally admitted I was wrong for hating the beatles and I realised that I actually kinda love them.

Lizzo - Cuz I love you - We all need a bit more Lizzo in our lives. She is a true beacon of lushness for ladies! Full of confidence and self love. MORE OF THIS IN 2020!!


I also have my usual reading goal, a tv show list to get through and I am contemplating the 100 movie challenge because I keep returning to old faves instead of discovering new ones. 

My new year to do list includes

Trying new foods
Cook more from scratch
Dry January
Meatless Mondays
Getting outdoors more
Create Daily
More life experiences - gigs, cinema & theatre
One second every day
More photos with loved ones
Blog on the regular!


Its a nice list to kick start the decade and to fully be present in my life more. Do you stick to resolutions? or do you do more of a to do list style thing at new year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment