Friday 29 May 2020

The great world lockdown of 2020

Hello everyone! 

I have to apologise yet again for my crappy consistency with this blog. I know you all obviously realise how crazy the world is right now and probably understand why I have been MIA.

I just wanted to drop in and talk about what I've been doing for the past few months as I have had some exciting work happening.

For the first few weeks of lockdown here in the UK, I was completely dumbstruck and very emotional and filled with anxiety. Now I have somewhat found my groove and am using the time I have to work really hard and keep up some consistency within the madness.

 
I completed an illustration for a wonderful human who is releasing some positive baby books and absolutely loved the experience. One of my mega goals is to do book illustrations so I am so pleased I have accomplished that.



I have updated my stationery biz with new sticker packs, added some prints to the main shop and have worked on some promotional materials for the lovely Rachel over at Culture/Vulture.

I've done some lovely commisions and have some more to work on this month. 


Overall, I am so incredibly happy right now. I know this is a bizarre time to be happy, I am angry with the world and angry with my government but inside, in my life, I am super happy and feel like I have found my calling. I am finally believing in myself and pushing out regular work. 
I know its been tough for some people and that some people have totally lost their ability to create, I was definitely there in the first month and i did have a wobble a couple of weeks ago too but all I can suggest is keep going. Keep doodling, drawing, writing, painting... It doesn't have to be a masterpiece. Work through your feelings and just keep doing things that make you happy. 
In the times where I couldn't create, I'd bake, cook nice healthy food, read, blast my fave music and dance in my pjs, watch my fave shows and films and have pamper sessions. Look after yourself people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment